Our practical birthing workshops are facilitated by delivery suite midwives with the latest evidence-based research.
Our aim is to make the event fun, collaborative and easy to understand so that you feel as prepared as possible for your birth experience, plus you will have gathered enough information to formulate your own individualised birth proposal during the programme.
We recommend that you attend this workshop from 30-37 weeks of pregnancy however we realise that some women need last-minute support as well right up to 40 weeks.
Why choose us?
- Established for 10 years
- 5 star Google rating
- 5 out of 5 star Facebook Reviews & Rating
- A complete Pregnancy and Postnatal Wellbeing Service
- Practical and realistic information
- Excellent value for money birth packages
- Delivery suite Midwives with many years experience of evidenced based pregnancy labour birth and feeding Practise
- A large network of allied professionalsthat we can refer couples to for specific or specialist support
- Trustworthy relevant and up to date information with follow up notes after each class
Why should you book this class?
- Delivered by trusted birth specialists
- Non judgemental – Supporting you to make the right choices for you and your baby
- Explore ALL of your available options
- Offer continued support after the birth of your baby
- Build a local network of expectant and new parents
Our 3 hour Practical Birthing Class will educate you fully on all aspects of labour, birth and the early hours after baby is born. We work with you to ensure you can make informed choices that are right for you and your baby.
Our courses are non-judgmental and designed to explore all options that are available to you, answering all your questions and exploring both the practical and emotional aspects most relevant to you.
Our aim is for you to finish the course feeling calm, confident and fully prepared.
- Building a Birth Proposal
- Creating the right Birthing environment and what can help or hinder your labour
- What you can expect emotionally & physically before, during and after birth
- Different stages of labour and the role of hormones
- Talking in dept about the important role of your partner or birth supporter
- Coping and support strategies through labour and birth, using Hypnobirthing tools and techniques
- Discussing your options with your health care providers and making informed choices
- Pain relief options
- Self-help techniques for Labour and Birth – breathing, relaxation and massage
- Babies journey through the pelvis
- More complex birth journeys – what to expect and decision making including topics such as induction, Assisted Birth and Caesarean Birth
- Homebirth benefits and dispelling myths
- Waterbirth or water immersion
Practical Birthing Workshop
Includes your manual and follow up support.
3 hour workshops held monthly on a Thursday evening from 6.30pm in Boldmere.
Click the button below to select the next available date and book your class!