The Practical Birthing Class will have given you all the key skills and knowledge required to navigate the stages of labour, comfort measures and birthing your baby.
Supporting you with feeding your baby, understanding how breastfeeding works, and practical skills for newborn baby care.
Why choose us?
- Established for 10 years
- 5 star Google rating
- 5 out of 5 star Facebook Reviews & Rating
- A complete Pregnancy and Postnatal Wellbeing Service
- Practical and realistic information
- Excellent value for money birth packages
- Delivery suite Midwives with many years experience of evidenced based pregnancy labour birth and feeding Practise
- A large network of allied professionals that we can refer couples to for specific or specialist support
- Trustworthy relevant and up to date information with follow up notes after each class
Why should you book this class?
- Delivered by trusted birth specialists
- Non judgemental – Supporting you to make the right choices for you and your baby
- Explore ALL of your available options
- Offer continued support after the birth of your baby
- Build a local network of expectant and new parents
Learn all the essential skills in this Feeding & New Born Baby Care class to help you and your partner navigate those first days at home with supported knowledge and practical skills, led by an experienced midwife.
We recommend that you attend this class from 30-37 weeks of pregnancy however we realise that some women need last minute support as well right up to 40 weeks.
Our 3-hour Feeding & New Born Baby Care classes will educate you fully on all aspects of both breast and bottle feeding along with caring for your newborn baby in the early weeks after delivery. We work with you to ensure that you can make informed choices that are right for you and your baby.
We work to explore all options that are available to you, answering all your questions and exploring both the practical and emotional aspects most relevant to you as new parents. Our aim is for you to finish the course feeling confident and fully prepared.
- How breast feeding works
- What is breast milk and what does it contain?
- Initiating breast feeding
- Feeding cues
- Latching techniques (practical)
- Foremilk and hindmilk
- Demand feeds versus timed feeds
- Rooming in
- Infant weight gain and loss patterns
- Stool patterns
- Common breast feeding challenges
- Expressing and storing breast milk
- How and where to get help if struggling
- When and how to stop breast feeding
- What happens next?
- Breast milk substitutes
- Cutting through the confusion of infant formula
- Powdered or liquid formula cost comparisons
- How to sterilise all feeding equipment for breast milk or infant formula
- Safe preparation of infant formula
- Safe storage and reheating of infant formula
- Safe sleeping and travel
- Topping and tailing newborn babies
- Safe bathing techniques for newborn
- Cord and eye care
FEEDING & NEW BORN BABY CARE 3 Hour Session
3 hour class held monthly on a Thursday evening from 6.30pm in Boldmere.
Click the button below to select the next available date and book your class!